As personal chefs, we do more than create amazing, healthy meals … we can teach you culinary techniques, too!
What cooking classes do we teach? Not so fast – this is no ordinary cooking school … We are personal chefs. We tailor our services to our clients’ needs.
Have you always wanted to learn how to make your grandma’s moussaka? We can handle that.
Planning a reunion with old college friends? How about including a cooking class to spice it up?
The possibilities are endless, and we are creative. If you’ve got the urge to create in the kitchen, give any of the chefs listed below a call.
We can come to you, where you will learn in your own kitchen. Some chefs are set up for classes in their own homes. We can even lead a cooking class online.
From cooking basics to advanced skills, our chefs can teach a variety of classes and cuisines. Your class can be customized to fit your goals, dietary needs and skill level. Is entertainment your goal? How about a themed or ethnic cooking class? Just reach out to us, and we’ll see what we can cook up for you!
A small sampling of cooking classes we’ve taught:
- Greek feast of kabobs, souvlaki, and spanakopita. Opa!
- Date night for couples – learn how to create the perfect candlelight dinner together.
- Team-building cooking events – if you can cook together you can work together!
- Iron Chef! A Mystery Basket Challenge – choose from 1 – 4 hours, cooking or no cooking. No talent required.
- Gourmet pizza! A creative pizza competition.
- Your child’s next party can be a cooking party – fun, learning, and they make their own party treats!
So many options…
Our Cooking Class Instructors
Important Tips to Help You Plan the Right Cooking Class
Our Chef/Instructors are great at tailoring classes just for you. Contact one of our chefs listed above and tell us about your group and occasion, and we’ll help you plan the perfect class.
Here are some points to keep in mind:
- Our chefs will talk with you about the purpose of the class.
Remember, the class has a goal as an event. It could be purely for fun. It could be to master a particular cuisine. It might be to create a gourmet buffet to feast on for the rest of the night. Maybe you just want a fun birthday party. Think about your goal beforehand and our chefs will help you make it a blowout event
- Know your students – your Chef/Instructor will ask you about this too. A class for scouts working on merit badges is different from a get together with friends or a one-on-one cooking skills class. When you tailor the class for them, it’s always so much more fun!
- What types of classes are there?
- One-on-one for learning specific dishes and skills.
- Group demonstrations where the chef cooks for an audience, answers questions and then everyone gets a sample.
- Hands-on: Students participate, preparing a whole dish or perhaps handle various tasks depending on skills. This is fun and educational, but can get chaotic with large groups and too many dishes.
- Workshop: These tend to be all-day, detailed classes where students learn multiple culinary skills. They are often a combination of demo and hands-on.
- Plan for an appropriate venue. If you are hosting, your instructor will ask to see photos of your kitchen ahead of time. Some Chef/Instructors are set up to conduct their classes in their kitchens.
- We’ll want to discuss the number of students and whether they get tastes or full meals.
Covid-19 Safe Cooking Classes
We’ve successfully created fun ways to have all these types of classes safely during this Covid-19 pandemic. Here’s how we do that:
- In-person classes are safe: our chefs have implemented Covid-19 safety protocols.
- In-person classes should be private classes for individuals, families, social bubbles, and school/work pods. The maximum number of students depends on the size of the kitchen.
- Most classes can be done online and still be lots of fun! A few may not translate well – we can discuss which ones may not work for your group.
- Online classes can consist of 1 person or several, at one device or multiple devices. The maximum number is unlimited technologically. The size depends on you, your group, your budget, and the goal of the class. (One of our chefs has had a corporate group with 90 devices and several employees also had spouses and children join in.)
A party where you all share in learning and cooking creates some wonderful memories. Many students rave about how much fun it is to learn how to cook a new dish. Your cooking instructor can help with fresh ideas perfect for your group. Just contact any of the chefs above to explore ideas for your cooking class!