Prepared by: Chef Marissa
This delightful light and airy salad features Pink Lady apples, fennel and arugula.
Fall Arugula Salad
A colorful fall salad loaded with sweet and savory bounty, finished with a zingy mustard citrus vinaigrette.
- 1 (7oz) bag arugula (about 8 cups)
- 1 Pink Lady apple (sliced, 1/8" thick)
- 1 cup shaved fennel (shaved, 1/16" thick; I used a Japanese mandoline slicer)
- 4 whole Medjool dates (pitted and quartered lengthwise)
- ¼ cup pepitas (toasted)
- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup lightly-flavored olive oil
- 1 tsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh-cracked black pepper (to taste)
Make the dressing
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add the fennel slices, let marinate.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly dress the arugula with the vinaigrette.
Assemble the salad
- In a salad bowl or on a serving platter, arrange ⅓ of the arugula, top with ⅓ of all the toppings. Avoid pressing down, allow the salad to be light and airy.
- Continue to add 2 more layers of the arugula and the toppings.
- Top with fresh-cracked black pepper.
Leave a Reply